If you’ve been in business for any amount of time, you know that transporting goods from one place to another can be expensive. In addition, when it comes to shipping large or heavy items, the price tag can be even higher. However, just because freight rates are high does not mean you have to break the bank in order to get your products where they need to go. In fact, there are a few ways you can save money on your next transport without compromising on quality or service.
To help you get started, we have put together a list of our top tips for reducing freight costs. Check them out below and see how much money you can save!
What is Heavy Haul?
Heavy Haul is a type of cargo that requires special handling, heavy equipment and transportation. This type of cargo includes items that are too large or heavy to be transported by regular trucking companies.
Heavy Haul freight can include anything from construction materials to agricultural products and even event logistics. The most common types of Heavy Haul freight are commodities, which are goods that have a long shelf life and are used in production lines across many industries. Commodities like oil, coal, grains and metals tend to make up the majority of Heavy Hal freight shipments.
The main reason why Heavy Haul freight needs special handling is because it’s often difficult for regular truckers to transport these types of items safely and efficiently. Special equipment is needed to handle the weight and size of these shipments, as well as ensure they arrive on time without any damage or accidents occurring along the way..
Difference between Heavy Haul and Heavy haul logistics:
Both are clearly separated and have slight differences:
Heavy haul is a trucking term that refers to the transportation of goods over a long distance. Heavy haul freight generally falls into one of two categories: heavy or superheavy. Heavy haul cargo typically requires larger trucks and more fuel than regular freight, because it is transported over longer distances and through rougher terrain. The most common types of heavy haul are agricultural products, construction materials, and coal.
Heavy Haul logistics is the process by which companies move heavy freight from its origin point to its destination. This can be done in several ways: direct shipment, ocean transport, rail transport, or trucking.
Direct shipment means shipping the goods directly from the manufacturer to your location without going through any intermediary businesses or warehouses. This method is usually used for high-value items that need to reach their destination quickly and with minimal damage.
Ocean transport involves transporting goods by sea between different ports around the world. Rail transport uses railway tracks as pathways for moving large loads across country borders.
The question is how and when you need the services of a logistics firm or a heavy hauling company. There is no doubt that it is the next question on your mind. Here are three signs your business needs a heavy haul transport company:
- Your products or services require large quantities of materials that cannot be moved by regular means.
- You have an unusual product or service that requires special handling or shipping conditions not possible with other methods.
- You need to ship goods internationally and/or across multiple states/provinces
- When your transporting oversize and it is impossible to move them on small trucks
Average heavy haul freight rates:
As of July 2021, the average cost per mile for trucking services remains steady. Heavy haul freight rates can vary depending on the weight of the cargo. The average heavy haul freight rate is usually around 2 to 3$ per mile, but it depends on the weight of the cargo. For example, a shipment that weighs over 100 pounds will cost more than one that weighs only 50 pounds.
There are several factors that affect heavy haul freight rates: distance, time of year, weather conditions, and market conditions. Sometimes there are also surcharges for specific types of cargo or routes. To get an accurate quote or affordable prices for your shipment, you need to know its weight and dimensions as well as the route it will take.
Tips for Saving Money on Your Very First Freight:
Heavy haul services and freight rates are on the rise, and it’s important to be aware of what you’re paying for before you make a purchase. Here are three tips that can help save money on your very first heavy haul freight:
- Know Your Weight Classifications:- Every shipment is classified according to its weight and size. This information will help you determine your rate category and the applicable surcharges.
- Calculate Your Freight Rate in Advance:– Before you place an order, calculate your freight rate using the formula provided by your shipping carrier or online calculator like freightos. This will ensure that there are no surprises when the bill arrives from your shipper.
- Compare Rates Online:- Use online freight calculators to compare rates from multiple carriers so that you can find one with the lowest cost per mile for your specific shipment type and weight classifications..
- Negotiate early and often:– Don’t be afraid to negotiate with your carrier from the start; it could save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars over the course of your shipping relationship..
- Plan ahead:– make sure everything is ready before loading up your truck . Have all paperwork completed, including insurance certificates and load plans, so there aren’t any surprises when it comes time to actually ship the cargo..
Heavy haul transportation Companies:
Heavy haul transportation or third party logistics companies are responsible for moving large and transport heavy items. These companies use trucks, specialized trailers, and other vehicles to transport these items. The process of transporting these items can be difficult and time-consuming, which is why heavy haul transportation companies are in high demand.
Several things make a heavy haul transportation company successful:
- They have the experience necessary to handle the logistics of transporting large and heavy items.
- They have the resources necessary to get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- They have the infrastructure needed to support their fleet of trucks and trailers.
Heavy hauling is a necessary part of any business. North American heavy haulers, like Pro Haul Logistics LLC, can handle all of your freight needs. From large items to small packages, we have the equipment and manpower to get the job done right. We understand that not every shipment is the same, which is why we offer a variety of services tailored specifically for your business. Contact us today to learn more about our heavy haul capabilities!